Saturday, April 11, 2015

UPSC Preparation: Daily routine of Dr. Roman Saini while preparing for IAS


Dr. Roman Saini shares his daily routine while preparing for IAS

When it comes to my daily routine, there is only one answer : I had none. And till today there is none. There was no daily schedule which I used to follow or without I would have died or without which there was no possible chance of selection and there can never be. Though there was relative stability with regards to my sleeping time, especially during the exams and internship posting at AIIMS. Yet there is no sacrosanct rule as when to sleep, read, eat, bath, listen to music. 
What I need you to understand is that only 2 things you should take care of 1. 8 hrs of quality study 

2. 8 hrs of sleep is the key. 

It is the absolute truth. Once these things fall in place, after that you can do whatever you want to with 1/3rd of your left day. It can be biking, riding, hiking, singing, Pauling guitar, banjo, sitar, Veena.




Also it doesn't matter whether you study at 4 am in the morning or 4 pm in the evening, it doesn’t really matter whether you are a day person a night person a morning person. We all are unique individuals, so you should not, cannot and must not show a tendency of 'micro-copying' when it comes to schedule of another individual, be it may Roman Saini or any other topper. The only truth that matters is whatever works the best is best for you.  Period.

You can study on the table, you can study lying down, you can study on the bed, on top of the roof or metro station, even in front of metro station, wherever you want to study, you should. As long as you are studying from the same sources again and again so that you can keep revising and strengthen your concepts and facts, you are on the right track.

I used to take a sleep of 7-8 hrs, after which I had an internship to attend to so there I used to spend about 5-6 hrs on a daily basis. The internship started in January ’13 and lasted till January ’14. In 2012, everyday 5-6 hrs was taken by academics at my college in examinations, practicals, attending to a patient at the hospitals and even conducting deliveries.

So in my schedule there was 6-7 hrs of self-study and 2-3 hrs of coaching classes. But there is a catch, I used to go to the coaching classes only if there was an important class or if there was a test. Tests are the most important part of any preparation and should not be skipped under any circumstances.

As far as sleeping is concerned there was no fixed schedule. Most of the time I used to sleep at 6 pm in the evening and wake up at 12 am midnight, then I used to study the entire night. I think that it is the best schedule, as there is no disturbance, no sounds in the environment of loud music, no bickering of vendors and neighbours, no phone calls and availability of long stretch of undisturbed hours. Then I didn’t took bath daily, especially in winters as I hate bathing in winters and it takes a lot of time too. I used to eat at my room where I studied so there was no need of going out. At best, ordering from outlets like dominos, Kents, Pizza Hut etc. I used to stay inside mostly and for about 1-2 years didn’t go to see any movie (saw a lot of movies at my laptop though). Also there wasn’t much going out for dinner, clubbing and things of the sort.
Whenever I used to get bored I used to flip between subjects, so like if I’m bored with reading economics, I switched to geography. If geography is giving me me a hard time, I wil start reading history. Feeling sleepy reading textbooks? I browsed Mrunal.org and read fromthe websites. Read from books, PC, desktop, laptop, cell phone, tablet, capsule 😜 (Switching off all the lights and turning on the invert mode is the best).

So, basically there is no fixed schedule. Just read the right material and you are focusing on quality 8 hrs of study per day. Then, you have the best chance and highest probability to demolish the examination.


If you have any doubts about your schedule you can ask me in the comments section below. 
Please visit my page for any query. http://facebook.com/romansaini.o... 
For more awesome videos, just rush to 
youtube.com
www.Youtube.Com/Unacademy

35 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Roman Ji for the suggestions and way how on how to read The Hindu.
    Please suggest which magazine/'s to be studied and focused upon and how to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the Video on How to read Yojana, Thanks a lot for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sir....my performance level has been down due to unsystematic shedule and efforts....me and my parents are tensed...how to make correct my shedule...the main reason for me is DISTRACTIONS...how to get rid of this??? kindly tell me practical suggestion....

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks very much sir..so motivational..please carry on.best wishes for your great health and career

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sir, I am a Software Engineer. I spend 10am to 6pm from Monday to Friday daily in the ofc. Apart from that I need to cook sometimes. So could you please help me in setting up a right schedule for me. Please reply asap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sir m apoorva ,starting to prepare for cse...please guide me wid books for csat maths...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go to the website u will get all the things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sir this is shubham dadoo.
    I am pursuing for AIPMT and facing a problem with vast syllabus. Could you help me with to put the things in priority

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the reqest to kindly reply my quest as soon as possible

      Delete
  9. Hlo sir i m param .l m pussuing pcs. Plz send me notes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hlo sir i m param .l m pussuing pcs. Plz send me notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gud morning sir and how to prepare for civil s and please send me sir syllabus

      Delete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice sir..
    you are very helpful & your contents are IAS (top )

    ReplyDelete
  14. sir kindly give some tips to study geography ?

    ReplyDelete
  15. sir kindly give some tips to study geography ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sir...ur videos are very nice. You are doing a great work. I just want to ask that which publisher and author UPSC Pre practice books are good and authenticate. I had tried manohar pandey..but there are lot of mistakes. So can you suggest please.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Roman,

    Your work is remarkable, but I don't see any structure of tutorials for courses. That makes student to go to coaching classes or they waste time in searching which tutorial should be followed. Unacademy would be more useful if it has coaching like structure from the best teacher. Also it must include tracking of students so that they don't get Lost.

    ReplyDelete
  18. आदरणीय सर,नमस्कार,
    आपके बारे मे कैनफोलियोज मे पढा।मेरा बेटा अभी बी.ई. सेकेँड सेम मे है।वह तैयारी करना चाहता है सिविल सेवा की।आपके गाइडेँस की जरूरत हैउसे।आपसे बात करके भी उसका मनोबल बढेगा।मै चाहता हूँ आप प्लीज उसे बात करने का अवसर देँ,उसे गाइड करेँ ,हम सदा आभारी रहेँगे।
    आपकी अकादमी का पता भी चाहिये होगा।
    सादर,
    डा.भूपेन्द्र,फोन.नँ.9425898136
    bksrewa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. sir, i want to chose hindi as my language in IAS mains. But i also want to chose electrical engineering as my optional subject but in english medium. Is this possible? Waiting for your guidance. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Why Anthropology Optional is Best Optional Subject for the UPSC Civil Services Mains
    Watch Now: https://youtu.be/hk-tPqrU5EI

    Anthropology is a social science not a biological science like history, Sociology, Economics & Political science which is one of the popular optional subjects in UPSC/IAS/PSC exam. SAPIENS IAS is one of the prominent IAS Coaching institutes of India for UPSC Civil Services Anthropology Optional. Sapiens IAS also Provide Online Anthropology Optional Coaching and Online Anthropology Optional Mains Test Series for UPSC Mains Exam.

    Visit: www.sapiensias.in
    Call on: +91-8700922126 || +91-9718354962
    Email: info@sapiensias.in || www.sapiensias.in
    Address: 22, 3rd Floors, Opp. Kotak Mahindra Bank, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi – 110060

    ReplyDelete
  21. i am preparing for state electricity board exmn. and i am working here with 8hrs a day. when i sit for studying i can sit only for max of 2hrs.. How to improve my dedication ????

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the type of information I’ve long been trying to find. Thank you for writing this information.
    Hbse result 2018

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful blog, thanks for sharing valuable post regarding Dot Net it really helpful post.
    Upsc Online Coaching

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks Mam...for sharing how to prepare for UPSC Exam. One can also find best UPSC Coaching Centres in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hii sir...
    Thank you so much sir for makes this video ...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great post, Thanks for sharing. Really useful and valuable information for UPSC aspirants.
    UPSC Classes in Nagpur |UPSC Classes amravati

    ReplyDelete
  27. Are you looking for UPSC latest jobs?? Visit @ recruitmentresult.com and get UPSC exams,admit card,results, jobs notification here on single page.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey, your blog is great. I will bookmark it and I plan to visit regularly.

    Best AFCAT Coaching in Allahabad

    ReplyDelete
  29. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing
    Best UPSC Coaching Institute in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts